by Joshua Becker
If the goal of work isn’t to earn more and more money so we can buy bigger and bigger houses and fancier and more expensive cars, then what’s the point? If we’ve chosen to measure life’s success in more important terms than material possessions, why would we choose to continue working hard?
There are, actually, countless reasons.
Consider these seven, just to get started:
- Work forces personal development.
- Our work brings benefit to society.
- Hard work is an example to our kids.
- Work hard at work to work hard at life.
- Work hard to make the most of your hours. They will pass anyway.
- Work is fulfilling, in and of itself.
- Working hard keeps our lives occupied with important matters.