At Charney & Associates we have a sense of purpose about the work we do. We pride ourselves on finding unique ways to make a difference in our community and the world at large.
We realize that measurable change doesn’t always come from large checks or grand gestures. We can make the world a better place with one small act of kindness at a time.
Here are some examples of our favorite ways to give back:
Support Our Troops
We have a history of helping military vets transition into civilian positions. We work closely with companies that are interested in placing military personnel with backgrounds and military training in DOD Biomedical, Avionics and Electronics, Communications, Nuclear, Fire Control, and Metrology. We also work with those having Medical Laboratory Technology training. We often provide guidance, information and resume preparation services to military vets, even if they are not actively interviewing with one of our clients.
Promote Pet Rescue
Charney & Associates sponsors pets through Berea Animal Rescue Friends (ARF) in honor of our clients and candidates. Berea ARF is a no-time-limit animal shelter in the Cleveland area committed to providing loving care, companionship, food and medical necessities for stray and abandoned animals. The precious stories about these furry friends are highlighted in our monthly newsletter.
Encourage Team Building
Each member of the Charney & Associates team is integral to the success of our matches so we invest time and energy on making the work environment not only efficient, but also fun and inspiring. To this end, we sponsor regular motivational challenges, participate in local activities as a team and organize parties to commemorate holidays, birthdays and special events including:
- Giving each staff member a budget and a fixed amount of time to shop for local children in need during the holidays.
- Reading motivational books together and discussing how the information applies to our personal and professional lives.
- Gifting staff members with group packages at a local exercise studio.
- Taking personal enrichment classes together such as baking, wellness/nutrition and self-defense.
- Dropping off winter hats and gloves to an inner-city childcare center and spending an afternoon reading and playing with the children.
- Motivating each other with daily emails.
- Monthly breakfast feasts at a local restaurant when collective goals are met.
Santa Chiara Children’s Center
Charney & Associates sponsors the Santa Chiara Children’s Center in Peguyville, Haiti, an impoverished neighborhood in Port-au-Prince. The goal of this dynamic outreach ministry is to create a safe place where unschooled street kids can come to eat, play, laugh, sing, paint, learn how to read and do crafts. We not only provide financial support, but also donate our time and skills to maintain their website and social media outlets.
Subscribe to “Above and Beyond”
Every month we publish “Above and Beyond” - our email newsletter with info, tips and insights to help both candidates and employers. We never share your email with others.