by Travis Bradberry
Grit is that “extra something” that separates the most successful people from the rest. It’s the passion, perseverance, and stamina that we must channel to stick with our dreams until they become a reality.
Developing grit is all about habitually doing the things that no one else is willing to do. There are quite a few signs that you have grit, and if you aren’t doing the following on a regular basis, you should be.
1. You have to make mistakes, look like an idiot, and try again, without even flinching.
2. You have to fight when you already feel defeated.
3. You have to make the calls you’re afraid to make.
4. You have to keep your emotions in check.
5. You have to trust your gut.
6. You have to give more than you get in return.
7. You have to lead when no one else follows.
8. You have to meet deadlines that are unreasonable and deliver results that exceed expectations.
9. You have to focus on the details even when it makes your mind numb.
10. You have to be kind to people who have been rude to you.
11. You have to be accountable for your actions, no matter what.
Read the full article on inc.com »